Next Generation Leadership Circle
Now that I have settled into my first year as director of DePaul Art Museum, I have a sense of our fundamental purpose:
Through the art of our time, DPAM provides a platform to connect people and advance knowledge in a global society.
But this is just the beginning. Crain’s Chicago Business recently asked if I can make DPAM a “major player” and with your help, the answer is YES!
I invite you to join us as a founding member of DPAM’s Next Generation Leadership Circle. With an annual donation of $500 or more:
- You will help shape the story of how DePaul Art Museum becomes a meaningful cultural hub within the city of Chicago.
- You will support equity and inclusive opportunities for students, artists, interns and audiences.
- You will keep art accessible with free admission and free programs for everyone.
- You will have access to special events and opportunities throughout the year with DPAM staff and artists.
First and foremost, I invite you to help me build a program that provides a platform for under-recognized artistic voices. As you can see in our upcoming exhibitions, we are implementing this right away by featuring a wide range of artists from Chicago and beyond.
At this time, more than ever, it is critical that we make visible the wide spectrum of human experience through unique forms of expression. It is urgent that we create a space that promotes visual literacy, critical thinking and the ability to engage with difference in a productive and civil manner, while recognizing artistic excellence.
Next, we are committed to positioning Chicago as a global city in dialogue with internationally recognized artists by weaving Chicago-based artists from all stages of their career into our exhibitions and programs.
We recognize and value how art occupies a sacred space where language often fails and through our programs, we explore how art is connected to all facets of life. As a center for teaching and learning, the museum is a portal to the University’s academic strengths, and for our students, a portal to a global perspective that addresses the complicated and contradictory nature of human experience, past and present.
I invite you to join me as a founding supporter of our new annual giving program, the Next Generation Leadership Circle. With your help and forward-thinking vision, we can build a community that recognizes how art reaffirms our humanity and fosters critical conversations.
Your gift will enable us to organize programs that support the Next Generation of
- lifelong learning opportunities through the visual arts
- scholars and scholarship
- equitable opportunities for artists
- museum professionals who reflect our communities
- culturally curious critical thinkers
- innovators and thought leaders
To join the Next Generation Leadership Circle, please click here and select “Art Museum Exhibit Fund” for your donation. Your 100% tax-deductible donation of any size will make an immediate and significant impact.
Julie Rodrigues Widholm
Director and Chief Curator